I was reading an article in livehappy magazine while awaiting an appointment. Here are some great reminders when you are feeling a little down:
- Do a couple of minutes of jumping jacks. Aerobic exercise boosts one’s positive mood.
- Call a friend or a family member. A conversation with a friend can have a lasting positive effect, increasing your energy and cultivating motivation.
- Write down three things that you are grateful for. The effects of this five- minute activity can last up to 6 months!
- Imagine the best-case outcome for your near future. Think positively (and realistically), and positive emotions will be delivered!
- Set an intention for the day. This will give you a sense of purpose for the day, and an opportunity to be consistent in the way you interact with the world.
As Jeff Olson says in The Slight Edge, “easy to do, easy not to do.” How do you choose to live your life?